Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Love My Garden | My Creative Scrapbook-March Tutorial



Hi My Creative Scrapbook Fans!  For my layout today I was inspired by the beautiful butterfly paper in the I Am collection from Simple Stories.  All those beautiful different colors give me the idea to use the clear stamp set in this month's main kit for a background.


To create my stamp background, I started off by deciding to use the black and white stripe pattern paper, instead of going with a white cardstock base. I try to use a few colors that coordinated with the collection and was very happy with the way it turn out.


Next, I started playing around with the placement of the butterfly stamps, my title and photo. I love the idea of placing my photo in the lower right hand side of the page, and balance the upper left side with a cut apart note card. 




I then added a few pieces of embellishments onto the note card, as well as few scattered butterflies and hearts to fill in the empty spots around the page.


To finish the layout, I added a couple strips of patterned paper to create a border to both the top and bottom area of my page. I tore the edges of the paper to give it some added texture and interest.

Here's a few more close-ups....





Thanks for stopping by :) Yvette xx


I hope you felt inspired today and if you're not a subscriber yet, give it a try. The kits are all so beautiful and you will not regret it!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment