Friday, August 11, 2017

You Are My Shining Star | Creative Scrappers Sketch #309



Hi My Scrapping Friends!

It's a new month and that means a new sketch here at Creative Scrapper!

Here's a look at the August sketch #309 designed by the talented Kristine Davidson.


Here's my take on this month's sketch.


To created this page, I combined patterned paper and most of my embellishments from a few Jillibean Soup collections.

I decided to use one 4x6 photo instead of two smallest photos and added a thin strip of pattern paper on top of the bottom cluster which extended across the page.  


Next, I created a cluster on the bottom left hand corner of my photo that includes a flair from A Flair for Buttons, a few die cut pieces from Jillibean soup, along with some wood veneer stars. 

     
I added another small cluster to the upper right hand corner for the photo and tucked a tag underneath the patterned paper layers and added some machine stitching.  


   I wanted to add a little more detail and color to the left side of my photo, I did this by tucking a few more pieces of embellishments underneath the photo and then finish off with some journaling strips.


The rock star stamp set from Jillibean Soup had the perfect phase to use as a title for my layout, I just use black ink and stamp it right onto the pattern paper :) 

I finish off my layout with some more machine stitching and some paint splatters.

Thanks for stopping by :) xx Yvette

       For more for my work you can visit me at Scrapping With Yvette and follow me on Instagram!

 Please joining Creative Scrappers on Instagram at @CreativeScrappers using #CreatingWithSketches and #CSsketch309 to show us what you created!


No comments:

Post a Comment