Thursday, June 15, 2017

Today | Just Nick Studio



Hi Scrapping Friends!

Today I'm sharing a layout that I created using the Planes, Trains & Automobiles cut file from the Just Nick Studio shop!


The train in the Planes,Trains & Automobiles cut file set were perfect to document this photo of Max's Day Out With Thomas! Max enjoyed meeting Sir Topham Hatt and had a fabulous time  
 being a passenger on Thomas The Train. 

I used the Go See Explore collection from Echo Park for most of this layout with the exception, the base patterned paper is from an older collection A Boy's Life.

        

       

I started by enlarging the train and cutting the image on some pattern paper. Once this was finish I used the offset function in Silhouette to create an outline, which I used as a guideline for my stitching.  Next, I cut the offset image from some pattern paper and adhered to the background. I then hand stitched around the entire train using white embroidery floss.

Here are some close-ups of my page...

      
I drew a few clouds to represent smoke and outline it with a black marker. 


For this page title I chose the Today from the Word 2 cut file, cut it from black cardstock and outline  around the edges with a white marker.

I added a couple of chipboard accents to bottom right hand corner of my photo, along with my title.


I wanted to use some buttons for the train wheels but it just didn't look quite right so I ended up using enamels dot instead.  
I finished my page off by adding some gold stars around the page and my journaling.

Thanks for stopping by :) 

I hope I inspired you to create something beautiful using Just Nick cut files!  



No comments:

Post a Comment